Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Navy

I just had a navy recruiter call me. Is it to late for me to join? I would just do the reserves, then work my 2 weeks a year and one weekend a month. I know people think it is a stupid idea, but I am considering it. I mean then I will have 2 paychecks each month, and my life will be stable. for a change. I know my knee isnt strong enough for it, but I can start working out ALOT. I will never see the world, so here is my chance. I know that I would have at least one tour. I wouldnt be able to pick where either. I need to find out if my employer would be ok with this. I dont know. I know that they will give you time off if you are already in the military. I dont know if the 6 weeks of basic and 6 weeks of school would be bad. Thats several months. I wouldnt be able to see my family, and that sucks. I think it would make me a better person, and I would come out as a second lieutenat. Then I could work thru it for 20 years and retire at 49, thats pretty cool right there. Retire full pension. My partner (if I had one) would never get any benefits tho. Stupid system. The bonus that I would get for signing up is pretty good tho. I took that ASVAB for a recruiter a few years ago, and I scored the highest in auto mechanics. Go figure. HA. I would want to do something communications related, or mechanical.

No comments: