Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I can't keep being your last call

So I get a text yesterday, from someone I hadnt spoken with in a while. The text stated that things were not going well for her and she was afraid to lose her relationship. So of course I console her and try to make things better. She always text me or calls me when things like this happen. I have set aside the fact that 2 years of my life were given to her in a relationship that did not survive. I just find it awkward to know that she is reaching out to her ex-girlfriend instead of other people. I can only do/say so much. I cant make anything better, I would try if I could. This is the same girl that gets mad if I mention dating or anyone I am seeing. She tells me to be happy, but cant stand it when I am. Its a double edged sword. I dont know what to do what to say. All I can do is listen. I try to do that, but when I make a comment to respond to something she has said its always the wrong comment. Dont ask for my opinion if you dont want it. I have been keeping thngs from her, she wants to know every minute detail in my life. She hasnt wanted anything to do with me since 2005 so why should I tell her things. I will care about her, and I always will wish her well, I just cant keep being her last call. She has to sort things out on her own now.

No comments: