Saturday, March 22, 2008

Watchin' Airplanes

Sittin' out here on the hood of this truck lookin' up At a caramel colered sunset skyChecking my watch, doin' the math in my headCountin' backwards to when you said goodbyeWith those runway lights are gettin' brighterI'm just sittin' out here watchin' airplanesTake off and flyTryin' to figure out which one you might be onAnd why you don't love me anymoreRight now, I'm sittin' out here watchin' airplanesI would've lied, could've criedShould've tried harderDone anything to make you stayI wonder what you'd do if you looked out your windowAnd saw me runnin' down the runway just like I was crazy But that fence is too highSo am ISo, I'm just sittin' out here watchin' airplanesTake off and flyTryin' to figure out which one you might be onAnd why you don't love me anymoreBy now, I know you're thirty-thousand feet above meBut a million miles away, a million miles awayBy now, I know how to act like you don't love meBut I'm just sittin' out here watchin' airplanesTake off and flyAnd I'm just sittin' out here watchin' airplanesTake off and flyTryin' to figure out which one you might be onAnd why you don't love me anymoreYeah, I'm just sittin' out here watchin' airplanes go by, by, byI'm just sittin' out here watchin' airplanes, baby bye, bye

No comments: