Friday, October 16, 2009

new things

So, I got a text on Monday morning, that my Cousin was on the way to the hospital to give birth to her third child. We knew it was gonna be a girl. Madelyn Christine, 7 pounds 7 ounces. 21 inches long. I saw a picture of her and had tears in my eyes. Family is the most important thing in my life. I wish I could have been there for the birth. I looked at a friend of mine and said, the third good reason for me to keep trying to get in the Army was just born. I know I am nothing but a cousin to her and her brothers, but I fully intend to give everything I can to them. If I am successful in getting into the Army, then I will be defending a country that I love. I am doing it for them more than anything. I want them to grow up in a safe enviroment. A place that they will always feel safe, and when they go to sleep at night, know that they are being protected. I have accepted that if I am sucessful in joining the Army, there is the real possibility that I will go overseas and fight. There is also, a chance that i may not come home when I go overseas. If I dont come back, at least they will know that I have counted up the cost, and know the sacrifice.

True Story,
Estee

No comments: